In all my years in business I have become extremely skilled at four unique talents. I can hunt down and find most people anywhere. I have the ability to extract sensitive information over the phone via pretext. I can also “disappear” people in need. These parts of my business are behind me, but the one thing they all have in common is the use of deception which is my fourth and greatest skill.
In my world you will never find the heavy sell or some bullshit about the use of innovative software designed by scientists, mathematicians and technologists. I leave that lie for the snake oil salesmen pimping tonic water as a remedy. The reality is I lie to deal with a client’s information but I never lie to a potential client or a client, or ever make promises I cannot deliver. There have been plenty of times I have walked away from big pay-days because the request was not doable.
I have always had the attitude that this is what I do and this is what it costs, take it or leave it. I am not a salesman—I am a master of deception. In the digital world there are dozens of articles floating around about me and my crazy life. The articles share tales of misdeeds, misfortunes, audits and alcohol, but none have ever had a complaint about my services. I have been described as a long-haired-hippie, biker and street-kind-of-guy and most recently as the kind of guy you meet in a corner bar. In the great words of Popeye, “I am what I am.” Because of that I am better at hiding, deleting, manipulating and creating digital distortion than any scientist, mathematician, technologist or Ph.D. So ask yourself, when you’re at war, who do you want fighting for you, a gunslinger or a word-slinger?
I do not have a sales pitch or a factory of employees working for me. But if you are going to place your trust, you should place it with one professional, not a company of two-hundred where your information is vulnerable and easily accessible to each and every one of these employees.
What I do is create digital deception which solves digital problems. Unfortunately not everyone can afford an expert to assist them with their needs. So I figured I would explain what I do just like I did in How to Disappear for those who need to take matters into their own hands.
How to Disappear is the authoritative and comprehensive guide for people who seek to protect their privacy as well as for anyone who’s ever entertained the fantasy of disappearing—whether actually dropping out of sight or by eliminating the traceable evidence of their existence.
- Protect Yourself from Intrusive Laptop and Phone Searches at the U.S. Border (eff.org)
- How to preserve sensitive information in Client-Side-Binary? (stackoverflow.com)
- Beware the Snake Oil Salesman, Pundits, and Bullshit Peddlers. (definedontdefend.com)
- The Digital Hit Man and His Weapons for Combating the Digital World, by Frank M. Ahearn. (Lying.FR) A privacy expert teaches how to create online deception to protect personal privacy. (nytimesbestsellingbooks.wordpress.com)
- The Digital Hit Man and His Weapons for Combating the Digital World (booksonprivacy.wordpress.com)
- Frank M. Ahearn The Digital Hit Man and His Weapons for Combating the Digital World (amazonbestsellingbooks.wordpress.com)
- Popeye meets Wilco in hand-drawn cartoon music video (boingboing.net)
- Frank M. Ahearn The Digital Hit Man and His Weapons for Combating the Digital World (amazonlondon.wordpress.com)
- Frank M. Ahearn The Digital Hit Man and His Weapons for Combating the Digital World (digitaldeception.wordpress.com)
- Frank M. Ahearn The Digital Hit Man (franktromper.wordpress.com)